Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/3/12 2:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning PA!

This is so not like me - I can't sleep tonight so I'm sitting here with the computer on my lap hoping to be able to go back upstairs and sleep.  I was sound asleep, something woke me so here I sit @ 1:45 am.

Today I will be heading into the office.  Hopefully with being awake now I'll wake up on time when my alarm goes off.  I have quite a few things to catch up on while in the office prior to being off on Wednesday.  All the new computer programs/databases that the organization is implementing although exciting to be learning and experiencing new things, the bugs that need to be worked out become annoying at times.  Last week my desktop started shutting itself off and rebooting every 10 to 15 minutes.  Friday they replaced the tower, tomorrow I get to use it for the first time.  I plan to spend a good part of the day on the phone with our IT department. 

The kitties are still at odds.  It's going on 3 weeks that Ez has been in the house - Hider is no closer to accepting him.  Like I said it has only been 3 weeks and she's been an only kitty for 13 years.

We are still in the process of trying to get the house completed.  Our son-in-law has been over every Saturday since Thanksgiving.  He has one more door to hang and trim to complete.  Then all that will be left is painting and bringing the rest of the furniture back into the house.  We have brought some stuff in that we could fish out of the shed without emptying the entire thing.  Hopefully I'll be able to cook Christmas Dinner for my daughters & son-in-laws.  We had planned to have Gene's mom and brother over for Christmas day.  His sister called to let us know she's decided to change family tradition and have their Family gathering on Christmas day now.  Christmas day is the only holiday that I spend with my children.  Christmas Eve has been the day when Gene's family gets together.  I really cannot tell my daughters that I have to change our tradition because Gene's sister is changing their tradition.  Not fair to my daughters and they would both be very upset if I even thought of doing it.

Enough rambling for me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/3/12 9:13 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ida and PA FamilySo happy to hear your house is near completion.  I know you have dealt with the construction for years.  Sorry to hear your sis-in-law changed the dinner for your in-laws.  

I will be hosting dinner on Christmas in the  afternoon, to allow my son and his in-laws to get to his Dad's at 6:00.  That's the way it's been since Dad remarried.  Except for last year.  My daughter begged me to have my family's Christmas dinner the day after, so she would not have to drag the kids back and forth for two dinners.  She was able to bring them down here early, and stay the whole day.  That's what her in-laws do.  The kids all go to their in-laws on Christmas day, and then to my daughter's in-laws on the day after.  They also do this on Thanksgiving.

Today, I have to get ready to get to my AA meeting.  Then, I must get some packing done in the basement.  Time to get some headway made down there.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 12/4/12 2:51 am

Good Afternoon Ida and PA!!

Sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep! Glad to see you posting though! I just LOVE when relatives change plans without realizing that it will affect others!! Oh well, what can you do? I know you are anxiously waiting for the house to be done, and you have been extremely patient, alot more than I would have been!!

I have a short break in my day, and the holidays have kicked in (at least with the kids)! They are off the wall crazy!!!!

Can't wait for this day to be done! But, then again, I have Wednesday to look forward to, NOT!?!?!?

Hope all is well!

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 12/4/12 6:10 am - PA

Good evening Ida and the rest of PA!

Today I was working in the 2nd grade.  What a gorgeous day weather-wisewink.  Tonight I have to tutor and just chill out.  Tomorrow I'll be volunteering in 1st grade.  I am okay with the little kids but I know that I really belong upstairs with the big guys.  Hope that everyone had a good day.

Donna

Patricia R.
on 12/4/12 7:39 am - Perry, MI

Donna,

When I taught in Philly, I preferred the older kids.  I taught fifth, seventh and eighth grade in a K-8 school, where the principal would just up and transfer an upper grade teacher to first grade.  In order to prevent that, I got middle school certification in English, Social Studies and Math, and transferred to middle schools.  I can take little kids when they're my grandchildren, or the kids at church, in small numbers.  But not in large numbers.  

Hope you get a job in a grade you're more comfortable in.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views